Pack 48 Policies
1. Cub Scouting is a Family experience therefore all scouts’ parents/guardian shall make a commitment to become involved with their scout in some sort of capacity during the scouting year.
• Advancements, Achievements and Awards are obtained with the help of Den Leaders but most of the work is done with the scout’s parent or guardian for Tiger, Wolf and Bear Cubs. (See the helpful introductory information in the Parents Guide at the front of your child’s handbook.)
• All parents or scout guardians are encouraged to become involved with the Pack in some capacity. There are a number of jobs in a number of sizes.
• Attendance at all Pack Meetings is required as a way of showing support for the Pack and its scouts as they earn various advancements, achievements and awards. Families are also encouraged to come and show their support for their scout.
• Behavior at all Pack activities is the responsibility of parents/guardians with supplemental help from Den Leaders and the Pack Committee.
• If a parent/guardian cannot accompany their child on a Pack activity they shall find another person who will be responsible for their child and shall complete an approved permission slip.
2. An annual wreath and candle fund raiser is held each November to support Pack activities. If a scout is unable to participate in this fundraiser a registration fee shall be paid to Pack 48 (see fund raising policy). Wreath Drive Information
3. Tiger, Wolf, Bear and Webelo Scouts shall have a uniform that consists of the official shirt (with an American Flag on the shoulder), neckerchief a slide and an optional rank hat and belt. The Tiger, Wolf and Bear Scouts wear the blue uniform and Webelos transition into the tan shirts (similar to the Boy Scout uniform) as they outgrow the blue shirts. Required patches for the uniform include the “Knox Trail Council” patch, the Pack number “48”, the “50” Year patch, the appropriate “Den Number”, the purple “World Crest” patch. The Pack will supply the neckerchief, slide, rank book each year and advancement patches as they are earned by the scout throughout the year.
4. Pack 48 hopes that you and your scout make the most of the FUN FAMILY EXPERIENCE of Cub Scouting.