- Pack 48 requires the following Cub Scout items for a full "Class A" Cub Scout uniform:
- Official Scout Shirt
- If your son is joining in 1st through 3rd grades, get the blue scout shirt. Get it sized so that he can get a few years growth from it.
- If your son is joining in 4th through 5th grades, get the tan scout shirt. Get it sized so that he can get a few years growth from it, and this tan shirt can be used when they graduate into Boy Scouts.
- Cub Scout Belt with the Cub Scout emblem. The Scout Shop sells belts and belt buckles with the different ranks (Tiger, Wolf, Bear, etc.) on them. The belts are big enough that you can get multiple years wear out of them, but your son will only be in a rank for one year.
- Knox Trail Council Patch
- Pack numbers 4 and 8 (red squares with white numbers as seen in the upper-right corner of this page)
- A "50" patch -- that shows that Pack 48 has been chartered for 50 consecutive years.
- A purple World Scouting crest
- A Den patch with your respective den number.
The staff at the Scout Shop in Southboro (Scout Shop) are very friendly and can help you find all of these items. This website (Cub Scout Uniform) provides information on where to place the patches on the uniform.
Pack 48 provides your son the respective items for his rank:
- Neckerchief slide
- Cub Scout Book
- One blue "Class B" uniform -- a Cub Scout Pack 48 T-shirt
The full Class A uniform does not need to be completely purchased and assembled until the October Pack Meeting (last Wednesday of the month), when we do our annual uniform inspection.
Other NON-REQUIRED Uniform items that you may see at the Scout Shop
- Hats - There are hats for each rank in Cub Scouts.
- Cub Scout Pants
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ITEM
- Badge Magic -- If you can't sew, the Scout Shop has an item called Badge Magic that allows you to use an adhesive to attach badges to the uniform. One pack is enough to last you throughout your entire Cub Scout career.
Talk to the Cubmaster or your Den Leader if you have any questions about these items.